Friday, August 12, 2011

"Estranged"


36" by 24" stretched canvas with sides painted. Dark colors of charcoal gray, black, and bronze are my base with a wash of metallic green and a touch of white. This painting is captivating.

I've started a new series of paintings based on my favorite rock songs. Previously I posted a painting called "Rust Never Sleeps" which is a 1979 album by Neil Young. This painting is called "Estranged" and get it's name from a song on "Use Your Illusion II" by Guns N' Roses. It is an amazing song with powerful lyrics and a heart stopping guitar solo. Listening to this song for a few days straight put an image in my head and from that this painting was born. I hope you enjoy.

In the first pic it looks more bronze but the two below show the green.




No comments:

Post a Comment